LibreOffice Community Edition 7.4.1 was released today and I already have the packages in my repository for Slackware 15.0 and -current. The Document Foundation blog post has all the details, let me do a verbatim copy of the most striking features in the 7.4 releases:
- Support for WebP images and EMZ/WMZ files
- Help pages for the ScriptForge scripting library
- Search field for the Extension Manager
- Performance and compatibility improvements
- Better change tracking in the footnote area
- Edited lists show original numbers in change tracking
- New typographic settings for hyphenation
- Support for 16,384 columns in spreadsheets
- Extra functions in drop-down AutoSum widget
- New menu item to search for sheet names
- New support for document themes
Note that I compile these packages on Slackware 15.0. If you install them on Slackware -current you will also need to download ‘icu4c-compat‘ and boost-compat from my repository and install them. They are two compatibility packages containing older versions of the icu4c and boost libraries, in particular the versions that are part of Slackware 15.0 but no longer part of -current.
Get libreoffice packages from my own Europe-based server: https://slackware.nl/people/alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/ or my US-based server: https://us.slackware.nl/people/alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/ ;or any mirror if you wait a day, for instance https://slackware.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/libreoffice/ .
These servers all offer rsync access if you prefer that to http.
Enjoy – Eric