A mountain of security fixes landed in Slackware this week. Many of these updated packages have a multilib equivalent, so today I have updated my multilib repository for Slackware releases 13.37 and newer.
New to multilib or don’t know what it is all about? Read the multilib article found in the Slackware Documentation Project. Download the new multilib packages here:
- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/multilib/ (master site)
- http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/multilib/ (my own mirror)
At the same time, I have uploaded the latest package versions for the Flash Player plugin for Mozilla and Chromium browsers.
They are accompanied by Flash player security bulletin APSB16-36.
The updated plugin for the Chromium browser (chromium-pepperflash-plugin) has the version number 220.127.116.11 while the plugin for Mozilla browsers (flashplayer-plugin) is now at version 18.104.22.1683 (both 64bit and 32bit versions).
Slackware packages for these Flash plugins are available for download & install in the following locations:
- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ (master site)
- http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (my fast mirror)
- http://slackware.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (UK)
If you are using the slackpkg+ extension for slackpkg, then you just run “slackpkg update && slackpkg upgrade flash”. Alternatively, you can subscribe to my repository RSS feed to stay informed of any updates.
Have fun! Eric