I wanted the latest LibreOffice in the upcoming Slackware Live Edition 1.1.4 (PLASMA 5 variant) so I have built and uploaded a set of packages for LibreOffice 5.2.3. They are for Slackware-current only.
The announcement on the Document Foundation blog for this version is just a couple of days old. This is still considered bleeding edge: “LibreOffice 5.2.3 “fresh”, the third minor release of the LibreOffice 5.2 family, <represents> the bleeding edge in term of features and as such targeted at technology enthusiasts, early adopters and power users“.
The package version for Slackware 14.2 will have to remain at 5.2.1 for a while (a set of LibreOffice packages takes a day to compile in my virtual machine). There’s also the somewhat stale but stable 5.1.5 version for which you can find packages in my Slackware 14.1 repository. They work on Slackware 14.2 too.
Get the LibreOffice packages preferably from one of the mirrors because of the package size, and take into account that only the master site and ‘bear’ will have the packages during the first 24 hours:
- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ (US master site)
- http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (my own fast mirror)
- http://alien.slackbook.org/slackbuilds/ (US)
- http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (FR mirror)
- http://slackware.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (UK – fast mirror!)
Note: the LibreOffice browser plugin (NPAPI based) has been removed in LibreOffice 4.4.0: https://skyfromme.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/killing-the-npapi-plugin/
Have fun! Eric