Google updated their Chrome/Chromium with mention of some security fixes. I had to finish compiling LibreOffice first, and also it takes a while for the official chromium source tarball to appear on Google’s servers. But the weekend started uneventful so it was easy to build you some new packages for the chromium browser inbetween baking some tasty sourdough bread. Accompanied by packages for the widevine plugin (a closed-source non-free plugin which allows you to watch Netflix in particular).
The security fixes in chromium 45.0.2454.101 have CVE numbers:
- [$TBD] High CVE-2015-1303: Cross-origin bypass in DOM. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
- [$TBD] High CVE-2015-1304: Cross-origin bypass in V8. Credit to Mariusz Mlynski.
Get my chromium (and widevine plugin) packages in one of the usual locations:
- http://slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ (primary server)
- http://taper.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (my own US mirror)
- http://alien.slackbook.org/slackbuilds/ (US)
- http://slackware.org.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (UK)
Have fun! Eric