Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of you out there. Christmas came and went here in the Netherlands, while the US still has some hours to go. Enjoy your turkey diners. I made a fresh batch of worstenbroodjes and they were yummy.
The computers worked frantically while I relaxed with my family. Slackware 14.2 and -current packages are ready for LibreOffice 5.2.4. Enjoy the newest version of this highly popular office suite.
According to the announcement on the Document Foundation blog , this 5.2.4 release marks a new stable LibreOffice (the developers call this “still” rather than “stable”), replacing the stable 5.1.x releases:
“LibreOffice 5.2.4 “still” <…> all users can start to update to LibreOffice 5.2.4 from LibreOffice 5.1.6 or previous versions“.
Get the LibreOffice packages preferably from one of the mirrors because of the package size, and take into account that only the master site and ‘bear’ will have the packages during the first 24 hours:
- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ (US master site)
- http://bear.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (my own fast mirror)
- http://alien.slackbook.org/slackbuilds/ (US)
- http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (FR mirror)
- http://slackware.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (UK – fast mirror!)
Note: the LibreOffice browser plugin (NPAPI based) has been removed in LibreOffice 4.4.0: https://skyfromme.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/killing-the-npapi-plugin/
Have fun! Eric