Please check the official announcement of the KDE Software Compilation 4.6.5 – and then proceed to download my packages for Slackware.
I had hopes that version 4.6.5 of the KDE SC would be added to Slackware but Pat is busy, and I did not want to wait. No problem! Remember, you have to be running Slackware 13.37 (32bit or 64bit) or (preferably) slackware-current in order to use these packages. They were built on slackware-current. Note that between 13.37 and -current, there was an incompatible perl upgrade which may cause some of the KDE 4.6.5 “language bindings” to fail on Slackware 13.37 (causing for instance plasmoids to break if those were programmed in perl).
Please read the accompanying README file for installation and upgrade instructions!
This is the fifth incremental release in the 4.6 series, meaning it’s mostly bugfixes and translation enhancements.
Some of the highlights of my new set of KDE packages:
- Packages for the stable release 4.6.1 of kdepim and kdepim-runtime are included.
- No updated dependencies since KDE 4.6.4 if you have that installed already.
- Updated dependencies with regard to the stable Slackware 13.37 are: PyQt, QScintilla, akonadi, attica, ebook-tools, hunspell, libdbusmenu-qt,sip, soprano, system-config-printer, virtuoso-ose.
- Not part of Slackware 13.37 at all (yet): grantlee, libatasmart, libbluedevil, libssh, sg3_utils, udisks.
- And bluedevil was added – not a dependency as such, but rather additional functionality for your KDE desktop. Bluedevil is the new KDE bluetooth stack, based on the BlueZ libraries already present in Slackware. I added its package to the “kde” directory. It integrates a lot better into KDE than the GTK application “blueman” which is now primarily meant to be used with the non-KDE desktop environments.
The KDE 4.6.5 packages for Slackware 13.37 & current should be available for download from my “ktown” repository by now (the Indonesian mirror may need a bit of time to sync up):
- http://alien.slackbook.org/ktown/4.6.5/ (the master repository), rsync URI: ?rsync://alien.slackbook.org/alien-kde/4.6.5/
- http://taper.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/4.6.5/ (my fast mirror), rsync URI: rsync://taper.alienbase.nl/mirrors/alien-kde/4.6.5/
- http://repo.ukdw.ac.id/alien-kde/4.6.5/ (willysr’s Indonesian mirror), rsync URI: rsync://repo.ukdw.ac.id/alien-kde/4.6.5/
Have fun! Eric