Archive for the tag "chromium"
I had rebuilt the libreoffice-5.2.4 packages for Slackware -current last week, because library updates in Slackware had broken the spreadsheet application ‘localc‘. And voila… not long afterwards the Document Foundation blog announced 5.2.5: “all users are invited to update to LibreOffice 5.2.5 from LibreOffice 5.1.6 or previous versions“. Today on the first of february, we can […]
A new release of the Chromium source code was made available earlier this week. For me this is the first Chromium 54 package and unfortunately the SlackBuild script needed a lot of rework. Google is quite “dynamic” when it comes to developing and discarding in-house tools. The change from “gyp” to “gn” to generate the “ninja” makefiles was […]
Google updated the stable branch of the Chromium browser to a new major version number: “51”. An overview of the changes since the previous “50” release are found in Google’s git. Updated packages for Slackware 14.1 and -current are now available from my repository, for the download URLs see below. The announcement on the Google Chrome Releases blog mentions a […]
Google released an update for Chrome/Chromium – their version 48 of the browser is now at “48.0.2564.109“. The chromium sources are still not available six days after the announcement, even though the official Chrome binary distributions were available right from the start. I think that this is inexcusable for a big company like Google, but this is […]
Just a quick recap of my work during the past week (well… the work that I do besides my paid-for work): I updated my packages for calibre and chromium with new versions. I updated the set of “compat32” packages for a multilib setup on slackware64-current to match the Slackware packages contained in the new Slackware 14.2 Beta 2. […]