Monthly Archives: April 2019

Libre Office 6.2.3 packages available

I built and uploaded new packages for LibreOffice 6.2.3. A rebuild for Slackware-current was needed anyway because of the recent boost upgrade in -current, but I assume everyone knows that my boost-compat package will help you with the need for older library versions.

The 6.2.3 release was just over a week ago, but I have not feeling well for a while and things move a lot slower these days. Updates will no longer have the same frequency I am afraid.
Anyway, building on Slackware-current kept failing with gpgme related errors, until I remembered that I had issues with gpgme in the past. The kdepimlibs package in Slackware contains several gpgme++ header files that are also part of the gpgme package, but they are not compatible. Even with the ChangeLog.txt entry Pat wrote on 29 March “kde/kdepimlibs-4.14.10-x86_64-7.txz: Rebuilt. Recompiled to pull in new gpgme++ header files.“, the headers in kdepimlibs are still wrong. A re-install of the gpgme package fixed the compilation of LibreOffice.

Packages are available for Slackware 14.2 and -current from the usual locations. I chose not to upgrade the Slackware 14.2 package to 6.1.5 this time; hopefully the newer code in 6.2.3 is mature enough after three iterations.

Chromium 74 available in my repository. Also for 32bit Slackware.

The Chromium 74 sources were released a few days ago by Google, and it comes with a long list of fixes for security issues.
I spent almost two months to investigate why the 32bit package could no longer be built (which is one of the reasons why there were so few updates in march and april – I only have a few hours every day that I can spend on Slackware these days) and had finally managed to compile a 32bit package for Chromium 73 in a 32bit chroot environment on a 64bit Slackware OS, and that package was online for one day…. and now I tried compiling the new release on a regular 32bit Slackware OS and that worked! No idea whether this is because of my modifications of the SlackBuild.
The packages for chromium-74.0.3729.108 are now ready for download from slackware.com or slackware.nl, or any other mirror.
I verified that the Widevine CDM (for Netflix movie streaming) is still working.

Also, I uploaded new versions (32.0.0.171) of the Adobe Flash plugin for Mozilla– and Google-compatible browsers. These too come with critical security fixes.