Libreoffice 5.1.1 was released last week, check out the Document Foundation blog article. I Was busy with Plasma 5 updates and the Live ISOs but here they finally are: packages for Slackware -current (actually we have a release candidate! It’s now officially “Slackware 14.2 RC1″).
The Document Foundation statement about this release: “LibreOffice 5.1.1 is targeted at technology enthusiasts, early adopters and power users. For more conservative users, and for enterprise deployments, TDF suggests the “still” version: LibreOffice 5.0.5“. Which means I should update my LO 5.0.4 packages for Slackware 14.1 soon…
Highlight for LibreOffice 5.1.1 is the implementation of a feature request that has been waiting since 2002 (!) according to the release notes:
- LibreOffice 5.1.1 offers a long awaited feature in Writer – the first request dates back to 2002 – as it allows hiding the white space between pages to provide a continuous flow of text. This feature is extremely useful on laptops.
Packages can be obtained from these mirror sites and probably others too (if you have a fast, up-to-date and reliable mirror outside the US or UK I’d like to hear from you):
- http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/ (US master site)
- http://taper.alienbase.nl/mirrors/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (my own US mirror, prone to DDoS so not always available)
- http://alien.slackbook.org/slackbuilds/ (US)
- http://ftp.lip6.fr/pub/linux/distributions/slackware/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (FR mirror)
- http://slackware.uk/people/alien/slackbuilds/ (UK – fast mirror!)