It took me a while (Christmas was getting in the way) but here are the packages I created for libreoffice-22.214.171.124; which is the second Release Candidate for LibreOffice in preparation for an official 3.3.0 version.
Grab my packages from the usual locations:
The package has no further dependencies – a full Slackware 13.1 install (or -current) will do fine.
Building from source:
If you want to use the accompanying SlackBuild script to rebuild these packages yourself, be prepared and have a lot of free diskspace (20 GB available free space would be a safe bet), as well as a lot of patience… Also, remove Slackware’s jre, seamonkey and seamonkey-solibs packages and install Slackware’s jdk package and (mine or anyone else’s) apache-ant, perl-archive-zip and xulrunner packages. These are needed for compiling, not for running libreoffice. Note: after installing the jdk and xulrunner packages, your root user has to logoff and login again in order to pick up the changed environment. If you forget this, the compilation will fail.
I have been testing alternating re-installs of the binary RPMs of the Document Foundation (using Niels Horn’s SlackBuild from slackbuilds.org to create a nice Slackware package out of those RPMs) and my own self-built package and I noticed that the first time you run a LibreOffice program after you install my package, something crashes… but everything is OK on all following runs of LibreOffice.
I also noticed that installing extensions is not always working out too well. This holds true for the official binaries as well, so it may well be that the published extensions need to be rebuilt for the new LibreOffice.
Unfortunately in the end, I had to delete the extensions cache and further directories (below ~/.libreoffice/3/user/extensions) because at first, the bundled extensions stopped showing up in the Extension Manager, then the Extension Manager refused to start, and ultimately the Writer application itself would crash after complaining about corrupted extension databases. After deleting the extension cache and data, Writer behaved normally again.