Welcome to Eric Hameleers (Alien BOB)'s Wiki pages.
This is an old revision of the document!
Hi! I am Eric Hameleers (also known as Alien Bob).
I have been using Slackware for a long time now, but I am not a Slackware employee. I use these sites (http://alien.slackbook.org/ and http://www.slackware.com/~alien) to store my contributions to the Slackware community.
All of what I make available here is not official Slackware-released software. Do not bug Pat Volkerding about what you download from my homepage (other than to tell him he should include my packages in the official Slackware distribution if you find them valuable
What I do like is to get feedback!
In case you wonder; the above image is a constant reminder to my entry into the “real world” of computers. This leaflet hung in my room when I started my first night-time job as application developer / technical sales support.
- My modifications to several of the Slackware rc scripts (rc.inet1* and rc.wireless* specifically)
- Scripts that act as DHCP client hooks (custom commands that execute when your IP address changes)
- A patch for the hotplug net.agent script - you need this if you use Slackware 10.1 or older and have problems with wireless and WPA
- A USB installer for Slackware - boot from a USB stick instead of using a CDROM or floppies, and then install from an NFS server or local disk partition (or from a CDROM of course! I know people who could not get their computer to boot from the Slackware CDROM for instance)
- A PXE installer for Slackware (booting from the network instead of using a CDROM or floppies)
- Some useful scripts I wrote (like the infamous mirror-slackware-current.sh)
I installed DokuWiki which is a light-weight Wiki that is geared towards documentation generation. I will try and add some of my knowledge to these pages. If you have specific questions that you want to see answered here, please email me.