Testing LibreOffice 4.0.0_rc3
Yesterday when I announced my packages for LibreOffice 3.6.5, I told you that I had a Release Candidate for 4.0.0 already running on my Slackware desktop.
I decided to upload some packages for the new “Release Candidate 3” which was tagged and published earlier this week. I built those packages on Slackware64-current (should work on 14.0 too) and just the 64-bit versions. If you run 32-bit Slackware you’re out of luck this time.
What I would like you all to do (if you run the proper Slackware) is to give this one a test run. So far, nothing has popped up that made me unhappy.
What I still need to do in my SlackBuild (but I will get to that when I build the packages for the final stable release) is to incorporate the all-new “dictionaries” tarball into the packages. That tarball contains sources for dictionaries for all supported languages, and compiling those does not take a very long time. I guess it’s just a matter of adding the generated dictionaries to all the language packs I build for LibreOffice instead of having dictionaries for just a few of the languages like I have been doing so far.
Please note that LibreOffice 4 stores its configuration in a new numbered directory, “~/.config/libreoffice/4/” and I have not found a way to automatically migrate the settings from the old “3” directory. If you find a way, let me know in a reply to this blog.
Give it a twist and report what you find: http://taper.alienbase.nl/mirrors/test/libreoffice-4.0.0_rc3/