Archive for the tag "google"
Google updated their Chrome/Chromium with mention of some security fixes. I had to finish compiling LibreOffice first, and also it takes a while for the official chromium source tarball to appear on Google’s servers. But the weekend started uneventful so it was easy to build you some new packages for the chromium browser inbetween baking some tasty sourdough bread. […]
I have made new packages for the chromium browser and its widevine plugin. Chromium version 44 was released a bit earlier this week, and it took me a while to compile, because the new OpenJDK 7u85 and LibreOffice 5.0.0.rc3 packages were ahead of it in the build queue. Guess what… now that I am writing this blog […]
Building on my experiences with chromium-dev (the development channel of the Chromium browser which is currently at version 44), I have made similar changes to my latest package for the chromium browser and its widevine and pepperflash plugins. This means that I have said goodbye to the single configuration file (/etc/default/chromium) and switched to a configuration directory, which is “/etc/chromium/” […]
Chromium and Widevine: Geeks and Sci-Fi fans, as well as otherwise properly educated people, will recognize the blog title for what it is. Chrome 42 is released. Big jump: a major version change. Mostly changes under the hood again it seems. The Chrome binaries for this version contain a new version of the PepperFlash plugin, […]
My previous post already mentioned the updated chromium sources. I have now compiled those into Slackware packages (for 14.1 and -current). For the curious among you, I have additionally refreshed my chromium-dev packages. Chromium-dev is the development release of the browser (there’s also a “beta” channel but I don’t care about that too much). By play-testing the development release […]