Archive for the tag "drm"
I had rebuilt the libreoffice-5.2.4 packages for Slackware -current last week, because library updates in Slackware had broken the spreadsheet application ‘localc‘. And voila… not long afterwards the Document Foundation blog announced 5.2.5: “all users are invited to update to LibreOffice 5.2.5 from LibreOffice 5.1.6 or previous versions“. Today on the first of february, we can […]
Google updated their Chrome/Chromium with mention of some security fixes. I had to finish compiling LibreOffice first, and also it takes a while for the official chromium source tarball to appear on Google’s servers. But the weekend started uneventful so it was easy to build you some new packages for the chromium browser inbetween baking some tasty sourdough bread. […]
I have made new packages for the chromium browser and its widevine plugin. Chromium version 44 was released a bit earlier this week, and it took me a while to compile, because the new OpenJDK 7u85 and LibreOffice 5.0.0.rc3 packages were ahead of it in the build queue. Guess what… now that I am writing this blog […]
Chromium and Widevine: I prepared packages for you (Slackware 14.1 and -current) for the latest Chromium browser and its optional Widevine plugin. In the Chrome Releases blog you can read the announcement for Chrome/Chromium 41 to the Stable Channel (full version is 41.0.2272.76). Chromium 41 is a major version upgrade with attention to security and […]
I have made change to my Chromium package which some of you will find interesting. As you might know (I wrote about it in an earlier article here on Alien Pastures) Google and Netflix combined their efforts and that resulted in native support in Chrome for the playback of Netflix videos, using the Widevine Content Decryption Module (CDM) which is […]