Archive for the tag "chrome"
Chromium (and Widevine): I built new Slackware Chromium packages for the latest update in the Chrome Stable Channel. The new version is 40.0.2214.111 and comes with several security fixes (among which, a Flash Player update, see below) Both chromium and chromium-widevine-plugin have version 40.0.2214.111 actually – use the matching version numbers as a sign that […]
Chromium and Widevine: Chrome Stable Channel saw version 40 of the browser being released yesterday (to be precise, version 40.0.2214.91). Apart from this being a major upgrade (39 to 40), lots of bugs were fixed, many of those being security fixes (62 in total). See the blog page for all details.I have not looked at […]
Chromium and Pepper Flash: Patch tuesday came and went. We have new Flash from Adobe and as a result, the Google Chrome browser also had a version bump and a new “PepperFlash” Plugin. Time for an update of my own Chromium package (just for Slackware 14.1 & current; the package for 13.37 & 14.0 remains at 37.0.2062.94 but you can of course compile a […]
The latest update to my Chromium package is an interesting one. It took me many nights, all of last week, to find a solution for a crash that is mentioned in various bug reports and for which I could not find a working fix anywhere. In the end, I just removed the few lines of code which trigger […]
Adobe did their monthly security dance and as a result, Google also updated their Chrome browser with the new PepperFlash Plugin. That Chrome release meant that I could compile a new Chromium from the updated sources. Chromium and Pepper Flash: The update to my Chromium package was not just triggered by the update (in Chrome) of the Pepper Flash plugin. […]